Free Seminars for Weston Retailers Autumn 2019
- 17th September 2019 - 19th September 2019
- 5:45 PM - 8:00 PM
- Weston Museum, Burlington Street. Weston-super-Mare. BS23 1PR
A series of three early evening seminars for independent retailers in Weston-super-Mare.
Taking place at:
Weston Museum, Burlington Street. Weston-super-Mare. BS23 1PR
Start Time: 5.45pm refreshments for 6pm start
End Time: 8pm
- Tuesday 17 September
Visual Merchandising and Windows Dressing – Gemma Turner
- Tuesday 15 October
Minimising Retail Theft- Andrew Sharman
- Tuesday 19 November
20 marketing ideas for independent retailers- Fran Riseley
At each event there will also be the opportunity to hear more about initiatives for retailers that are being planned by Weston Chamber of Commerce, BID, Federation of Small Businesses and the Heritage Action Zone Weston shopfront enhancement grants scheme.
You can attend one, two or all three seminars.
No booking required- just turn up at 5.45pm on the day
About the speakers
Gemma Turner is the Director of retail for Weston Hospicecare. Her experience includes mainstream Retail management roles and work as an independent retail consultant. Gemma entered the not for profit sector four years ago, and is passionate about High Street retail and its future role in the economy.
Andrew Sharman founded the South West Business Crime Centre in 2018. SWBCC builds on over a decade’s worth of experience of working on the front line of business crime reduction. He currently advises and supports Police, BIDs & BCRPs across the country and is an assessor of the National Standards for the National Association of Business Crime Partnerships. He is also the Business Crime Link Member for the Avon & Somerset Police & Crime Panel.
Fran Riseley, an independent retail trainer and consultant. She has worked in retail all her life and for the past 29 years has helped retailers improve their sales and profitability. She is known for her practical, yet inspirational training that really transforms businesses and improves their profitability.
Opportunity to win a free advice session
Everyone who attends the seminars will get entered into a prize draw. Three great prizes are on offer:
- A window dressing for your shop with Lesley Hopkins -Window dresser for Walker & Ling.
- A one to one coaching session with Andrew Sharman. It includes a Target Hardening Report, where a mystery shopping visit takes place to identify your security strengths and weaknesses.
- A one to one coaching session with Fran Riseley. It can focus on particular problem areas or can be an independent review of your business with recommendations for improving sales and profitability.
The programme of seminars is a partner initiative from The Great Weston Heritage Action Zone, Weston Chamber of Commerce, Federation of Small Businesses and Weston Business Improvement District.