Get Ready For Business Growth
12th June 2023
What Is Get Ready For Business Growth?
An Arts Council England funded programme designed to help creative businesses that are looking to grow. Business in the creative sector is tough at the moment. Whether you are running as normal, struggling to keep up with demand or adapting to a new model of operation, they can help you.
Advisers and external consultants are here to help you to continue building your business whether that means adjusting to ‘the new normal’ or finding new opportunities to pursue. They will help you to be more resilient and adaptable in the face of a changing future.
Since 2012, the scale-up programme has supported 650+ businesses with turnovers from £100,000 to £30 million, with the average being £500,000. The programme is bespoke to your business’ needs and entirely free.
How Does It Work?
They select 25 high-growth businesses every three months from across England and Scotland to give specialist support and tailored one-to-one advice. The programme will be digitally run and the one-to-one meetings with the consultants are by video conference. It has nine modules, including:
- Getting the growth mindset
- Good governance & building purpose into your organisation
- Refining your business model & growth strategy
- Product & service innovation
- Maximising your intellectual property (IP)
- Building your brand
- Creating a marketing strategy
- Financial planning for growth
- Business and & IP research
Each module adds to the Business Model Canvas as you work through the programme.
What Can You Expect?
You might be looking to become more financially resilient, entrepreneurial or implement a new business model. Not sure how? Through one-to-one sessions and workshops you will work together to help you fulfil your growth potential. You will also get automatic membership to the Growth Club where you will have the opportunity to network with other high-growth, scale-up business owners and keep in touch with your Relationship Manager. Other benefits of the Growth Club include:
- Quarterly peer-to-peer networking events
- Press and PR opportunities
- Opportunities to speak at our series of Start-up Star events
- Group mentoring
- Meet the Buyer events
- Complimentary tickets for our series of Inspiring Entrepreneur events
What Are The Requirements?
- Your business has a turnover of £100,000 or more.
- Your business is based in England or Scotland.
- You can commit to a minimum of 20 hours over three months.
- You have big ambitions to scale and grow your business.
- Your business falls into one of the following categories:
- Advertising and marketing.
- Film, TV, video, radio and photography.
- IT, software and computer services.
- Museums, galleries and libraries.
- Music, performing and visual arts.
This programme is fully-funded by Arts Council England and the British Library.
For more information and to register, visit : Get Ready for Business Growth | The British Library (bl.uk)