UWE Bristol Training and Support Opportunities
9th November 2022
The University of the West of England Bristol (UWE-Bristol) has provided training and support opportunities as part of their Community and Business Engagement Bulletin (click here to view the full newsletter). Below is a list that summarises the opportunities that best suit North Somerset businesses.
West of England Combined Authority is part-funding a 12-14 week Digital Marketing Bootcamp running between the 11th of January 2023 to the 29th of March 2023; this programme will provide you with necessary digital marketing knowledge, including Content and Social Media Marketing, Website optimisation and Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Digital Marketing Strategies and more. There is a £300 fee for SMEs and £900 for large organisations.
Register your interest for the launch of an exciting new Business Breakfast Series by UWE Bristol College of Business and Law, for organisations in the region to come and hear from academic colleagues and other experts around a breadth of topics impacting you and your organisation.
The first of these will be on the 7th of December 2022, focusing on Sustainability: How a family-run Bristol business has shifted its culture to put sustainability first.
Through UWE Bristol’s Skills for Clean Growth program, fully funded sustainability support is available to SMEs in the West of England. This free training is delivered by sustainability experts and covers topics such as Carbon Measurement & Reduction, Green Energy and Waste Management, Clean Growth 101, and more. Click here to find out more and book your place.
Below are some funding opportunities available to businesses. Should you require any help navigating the funding process, please get in touch with UWE’s team of experienced bid writers, who would be happy to provide support.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership: Deadline the 16th of November 2022 (multiple deadlines throughout the year)
- Digitalisation and Automation of Medicine Manufacture: Deadline the 21st of December 2022
- Net Zero Living: Pioneer Places: Deadline the 30th of November 2022
There are also some Training opportunities and events available below:
- Swindon Business Expo: the 17th of November 2022 @DoubleTree Hotel, Swindon
- Achieving Zero Carbon Buildings bootcamps: the 13th of January 2023 @Frenchay Campus
As part of the Workforce for the Future Digital Skills programme, SMEs can get free training to help their business grow. See below for the latest training opportunities:
- An Introduction to Process Improvement: the 16th of November 2022 @Online
- Carbon Measurement & Reductions: 16 November 2022 @Future Leap, Bristol
- Workforce Engagement & Behaviour Change: the 29th of November 2022 @Arnolfini, Bristol
If you have any questions, or would like further information about business support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org