Can you offer an industry placement opportunity?
17th August 2022
Industry placements are part of the newly implemented T levels qualifications, which provide a technical alternative to A levels.
Industry placements can vary in length but must last for a minimum of 315 hours (approximately 45 days), and are for students studying a relevant course, meaning they often have the relevant skills and knowledge to add value.
There is no payment involved although some employers will cover travel costs.
Weston College work with organisations of all sizes, across all sectors who enjoy the benefits of offering valuable Industry placements for their talented students who can bring fresh ideas, a diverse skillset and provide an extra resource to support your business.
Weston College can support your business with learners studying the following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Early Years
- Health and Social Care
- Animal Management
- Travel and Tourism.
What would be the benefits for your business?
- Access a talent pool of employees to expand your workforce at no cost to your business.
- Reduce recruitment costs (industry placements are a cost-effective way of employing your workforce).
- Address skills shortages within your organisation.
- Enhance the personal development, motivation and productivity of your existing employees through providing mentoring and management opportunities.
- Provide an extra pair of hands within the business.
- Diversify your employee skillset
- Help to develop a young person, start their career and integrate them into your business
- Taking my Development to the NexT Level | Weston College – This is a blog from one of the recent T-Level students
If you are interested in hosting a placement or would like to discuss further, please contact email@example.com