Skip to Content

T Level Industry Placements

22nd November 2021

T Levels are a new qualification for students aged 16 to 19 who’ve finished GCSEs. They are part of a significant technical education reform being undertaken at level 3, to ensure that skills demands are met for future generations of the workforce and will help to provide talent pipelines into industry. They sit alongside A levels and apprenticeships to give young people the technical and practical skills needed to be an asset in the workplace. T Levels will combine classroom learning with a substantial industry placement and have been designed with employers. Each T Level is equivalent to 3 A levels and helps young people develop the knowledge, attitude, and practical skills needed to thrive in the workplace. At the heart of each T level route, is a 45-day (min. 315 hour) industry placement that will give employers early access to the brightest talent entering their sector.

Level students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement in sector, where they put these skills into action, adding value and being productive for their host employer. Industry placements are a shift from traditional work experience to a longer, more structured placement in the workplace for young people to develop real work skills and make a meaningful contribution to an organisation. This process is supported every step of the way where we provide a matching process so that you can select the students that best fit your workforce. We provide ongoing support through a dedicated Placement officer who will be on hand to guide and assist in each step of the Industry placement from start to finish to ensure that it is a success for you as the employer and the student.

If you would like to find out more about how you could benefit, please visit our website www.weston.ac.uk/tlevels , or email workplacementteam@weston.ac.uk.  Alternatively, you can find more information at GOV.UKhttps://employers.tlevels.gov.uk/hc/en-gb

Sign up to our newsletter

Sign up to our monthly newsletter to keep up to date with business in North Somerset

Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn