Redundancy support in North Somerset
7th September 2020
INFORMATION ABOUT SCHEMES FOR BUSINESSES AND INDIVIDUALS
Free service, open to all businesses in North Somerset at risk of making redundancies
- Business support interventions aiding diversification, increasing productivity and resilience.
- Support with workforce planning and skills needs analysis.
- Access to a talent retention platform, helping with recruitment
- Bespoke, accredited, funded training for both employers and employees.
- Higher level skills development including leadership & management and supervisory skills training
Benefits for Businesses
- Increased workforce skills levels, improving performance and profitability
- Competitive advantage in the marketplace and improved chance of winning new business
- Improved staff satisfaction and motivation, reducing staff turnover
- A wider appeal to new recruits
By engaging with the service, business will be able to access free information, advice and guidance on their responsibilities as an employer and support their workforce through the redundancy process, helping them to be able to secure alternative employment and receive information, advice and guidance on running a redundancy process. Business will also be able to access support with restructuring after the redundancy exercise has taken place.
Support from Weston college
Recognising the challenging climate for employers and their workforce, Weston Collegeis supporting employers, employees at risk of redundancy, or those who have had their job role made redundant and are looking for employment. The College has created a Covid-19 Recovery Hub for employers which includes specialist advice for supporting organisational change (Visit https://www.weston.ac.uk/covidrecovery/supporting-organisational-change) which includes redundancy support. Recognising that employers may require access to funding to train existing staff remaining within a business, the College also offer a variety of courses including digital skills and leadership training, for those looking to update existing skills or retrain for new roles. Register interest on the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Skills Support for Redundancies
Skills Support for Redundancy (SSR) is an initiative designed to support employers and individuals affected by redundancy. SSR is a tailored service to meet employers’ needs, offering a wide range of training support. The SSR programme will ensure that your employees get access to bespoke training and careers guidance, and support them to find suitable employment.
To get more information and submit your online enquiry please visit https://www.serco-ese.com/skills-support-for-the-workforce/SSR
Job Centre Plus Rapid Response Service
You can get help from the Jobcentre Plus Rapid Response Service to:
- write CVs and find jobs
- find information on benefits
- find the right training and learn new skills
- organise work trials (if you’re eligible)
- get any extra help at work if you’re disabled, for example Access to Work
You may also be able to get help with costs, such as:
- travel to work expenses
- tools or equipment
- vocational training – you must be in your notice period to be considered
You can contact the Rapid Response Service:
- if you suspect you’re going to be made redundant
- during your notice period
- up to 13 weeks after you’ve been made redundant
Rapid Response Service