Grants for Businesses under second lockdown
13th November 2020
As part of an ongoing package of support to businesses, North Somerset Council has pledged to continue to help those businesses affected by the new Coronavirus measures following the recent second national Covid-19 lockdown.
Support packages currently available, including newly announced support, include:
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) – available to those liable for business rates and where the business is mandated to be closed by law.
If your business is eligible, and has a property with a rateable value of:
- £15,000 or less, you will receive a one-off cash grant of £1,334
- Over £15,000 but less than £51,000, you will receive a one-off cash grant of £2,000
- £51,000 and above, you will receive a one-off cash grant of £3,000
- If your business is not mandated to close by law you may be eligible for the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) if any of the following apply:
- You are not a business rate payer of the premises you trade from, or occupy, and are required to close (this includes businesses registered for Council Tax);
- Your business is not required to close and has closed due to a significant impact on trading;
- Your business is continuing to operate, but with significantly reduced demand due to social distancing rules.
For full eligibility criteria for both LRSG and ARG and the link to apply visit for these grants visit: https://innorthsomerset.co.uk/covid-19-support/small-business-grants-information/
Information about other government schemes recently launched, such as the recently extended Furlough scheme, the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme and the Kickstart scheme can be found here:
For other business support see Universal Business Support, Made in North Somerset and the Growth Hub details below.