Covid-19 Business Grants
The Restart Grant scheme supports businesses in the non-essential retail, hospitality, leisure, personal care and accommodation sectors with a one-off grant, to reopen safely as COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.
North Somerset Council has contacted all eligible ‘rated’ businesses that passed a fraud check and that have historically been paid an LRSG (Closed) grant with instructions on how to apply for the Restart Grant via an online form.
The grants available are determined by the sector the business is in and its rateable value. The grants are:
- £2,667 for non-essential retail businesses with a rateable value of £15,000 or less
- £4,000 for non-essential retail businesses with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £6,000 for non-essential retail businesses with a rateable value of £51,000 or above
- £8,000 for hospitality and leisure properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or less
- £12,000 for hospitality and leisure properties with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- £18,000 for hospitality and leisure properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or above.
An online claim form is available for any ’rated’ businesses that haven’t previously applied for an LRSG grant. Further information is available here where you can also apply: https://www.n-somerset.gov.uk/my-services/community-safety-crime/emergency-management/covid-19-north-somerset-together/information-organisations-businesses-groups/restrictions-support-grants-businesses/restart-grant
The council’s dedicated business grants team can be contacted on 01934 888 114 or email email@example.com.
New Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) from 1st April 2021 (Restart)
North Somerset Council has a further £1,500,000 of Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG) funding to distribute in grants to local businesses, helping them to recover from the impact of Covid-19.
As there is only a small amount of funding available so the claim process will remain open until all of the funding has been allocated, so businesses are encouraged to apply as quickly as possible.
The following additional eligibility criteria also applies and businesses must:
- Have been trading on or before 1 April 2021
- You are not eligible for a Business Restart Grant
- 49 employees or less
- Have ongoing fixed monthly business costs in North Somerset (e.g. rent, insurances, utilities, equipment rental)
- Have not exceeded state subsidy levels
- Have been significantly affected by Covid-19
- If a home-based business, must be registered with HRMC and provide their Company Unique Taxpayer Reference and a copy of their most recent tax return.
Apply for the new Additional Restrictions Grant here: COVID-19 Business Support Grants: ARG Restart – Page 1 (n-somerset.gov.uk)
The council is aiming to pay businesses as quickly as possible, but please allow a minimum of two weeks before contacting us with questions about the outcome of an application.