Managing Difficult Conversations with Karen Watkins
- 8th March 2023
- 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- the hive 6 Beaufighter Road Weston-super-Mare BS24 8EE
Find out more and sign up here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/managing-difficult-conversations-with-karen-watkins-tickets-492703839447
Aimed at SME owners, leaders and HR professionals who may have to face difficult discussions with employees.
This session is primarily aimed at SME owners, leaders and HR professionals who may have to face difficult discussions with individuals and teams and want to be braver in having and handling difficult performance conversations.
This will ultimately help your people grow and your business to reach its full potential.
Difficult conversations aren’t for everyone, in this session you’ll learn how to:
- Prepare for a difficult conversation, by using a simple framework for planning and holding the meeting and conversation
- Improve communication by asking the right questions, whilst honing questioning and listening skills
- Observe without judgement, find common ground and deliver feedback that lands
- Banish your nerves and remain calm and in control no matter how difficult the conversation
- Learn what triggers you and discover how to overcome those feelings to facilitate crucial conversations
- How to create a culture of honest conversations that drive individual and team improvement
- Create new habits and learn how to collaborate to make positive changes that last
- Take the time to practice your new skills so you feel ready and prepared
This will be a practical session with the aim being to discuss current issues and challenges so that you have the space and time to work on a plan that delivers results when they get back to the office.
To check that we are talking more specifically about the types of challenges you are facing, you will be sent a short questionnaire (5 questions) to check in on a current challenge ahead of the day and then use these as real, yet anonymous scenarios in each session, Karen will also leave time for them to work on the scenarios together.
As this is a highly interactive session, we are only able to offer 15 spaces.