Legal and Contracts for Start ups, Freelancers and SMEs for Digital, Creative and Tech sectors
- 21st April 2020
- 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Zone, The Brew House, Tower Hill, Bristol BS2 0EQ
Join us for this 2-hour Legal & Contracts workshop with award-winning lawyer, Rebecca Steer (Founder of Steer & Co). Rebecca will discuss the key legal considerations small businesses need to be aware of, help you identify what contracts you need, provide tips on negotiating terms with your clients and help you to avoid the big risk areas.
Freelancers, start-ups, existing SME’s, and anyone involved in either running or setting up a small-medium sized business in the Creative, Digital and Tech sectors.
- Guidance on GDPR and relevant data legislation
- Key contracts and policies that a freelancer/business should have in place
- The impact of the new IR35 legislation
- Trademarks, IP, and how to protect your brand
- How to get paid, plus tips on how to avoid payment disputes and bad debts
- Typical issues affecting freelancers in the Creative, Digital and Tech sectors.
The workshop takes place between 3-5pm on Tuesday 21st April at Zone, The Brew House, Tower Hill, Bristol BS2 0EQ.
Tickets are £25 +VAT for Bristol Media members, £40 +VAT otherwise.