Developing an inclusive organisation
- 27th February 2020
- 4:30 PM - 6:45 PM
- Knightstone Campus, Knightstone Rd, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 2AL
There are over 7.6 million people of working age in the UK that have a disability. On Thursday February 27th, Weston College and North Somerset Coucnil are hosting an event to share best practice on creating an inclusive organisation.
The event will take place at Knightstone Campus between 4:30pm – 6:45pm, and will feature talks from:
- Dr Paul Phillips CBE, Principal and Chief Executive, Weston College – Providing an overview of Weston College’s commitment to inclusivity
- Jo Walker, Chief Executive of North Somerset Council – The importance of being Disability Confident
- John Turner, CEO of Visit Somerset – Why inclusivity is important for the region, from an employer’s point of view
- Ben Mager, Weston College learner, and Student of the Year 2018 – Experiences of working for an inclusive employer.
As well as a two course meal.
The event is completely free, as we are passionate about supporting employers in becoming inclusive.