Customs Declaration Training
- 31st January 2024
- 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
The method in which customs entries are submitted is permanently changing in November 2023, when CHIEF (Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight) will no longer be active and will be replaced by the Customs Declaration Service (CDS). As a result, there are changes in the way a business can complete a customs declaration, which you must prepare for. More now than ever, it is vital to compliantly submit your customs declarations, to have an advantage over competitors in a difficult trading period.
The customs declaration training will highlight what you need to know to accurately complete a customs declaration, and successfully manage the transition from CHIEF to CDS.
Who should attend:
This course will be helpful for anyone who needs an understanding of Customs regimes and how to complete a Customs Declaration form.
What will you learn?
The training covers:
- What is a Customs Declaration
- Why is a Customs Declaration needed
- What information is required to complete a Customs Declaration
- How to complete both an import & an export Customs Declaration
- Harmonised System (HS) codes
- Procedure codes, including common special procedures
- Goods Vehicle Movement Service (GVMS) and Inventory-Linked Ports (ILPs)
- Valuation, duties and taxes
- Transit declarations and the Common Transit Convention (CTC)
- How to correctly claim preference on goods
- The training will also touch on deferment accounts and postponed VAT accounting
For more information and to sign up to the event, visit: Customs Declaration Training | Business West