Funding Applications for Skills Bootcamps – opening soon
17th January 2023
If you are an employer looking for an affordable route to develop the skills of your workforce or recruit qualified new employees, Skills Bootcamps could be a great option.
Skills Bootcamps are developed in partnership with employers and training providers to help fill local skills gaps and vacancies. They offer employers access to specialist training for the skills you are looking for, helping to build a loyal and talented workforce to futureproof your business.
The West of England Combined Authority are about to open applications for the latest wave of Skills Bootcamps. These Bootcamps will offer employers an affordable route to upskill their workforce or help recruit qualified staff.
£5.1m of funding is available for sectors with skills shortages, including:
- Logistics – HGV and bus drivers
- Construction – Poly competency, modern methods of construction, CAD
- Green Skills – Retrofit, green transport, organisational sustainability
- Technical – Welding
- Digital – Marketing, workplace skills, technical skills
- Accelerated apprenticeships (all sectors)
- Leadership and management (all sectors)
How the fund works
The fund will support employers to deliver bespoke training initiatives that meet short to mid-term skills shortages and are expected to deliver progressions into work, a new role, new responsibilities or new contracts.
- Employers can collaborate with relevant training providers or use their own in-house training functions to deliver training. There is also an opportunity to form partnerships with other employers if the skills need is the same. Although training is free for learners, there is a small contribution required depending on the size of the employer.
- Training providers can apply for the fund if they have existing employers to offer the training or collaborate with relevant employers.
Applications are welcome from a range of organisations including employers of all sizes, training providers, education, third sector and more.