Appeal for North Somerset businesses to offer employment support for Ukrainian refugees
13th May 2022
Businesses across North Somerset are being encouraged to offer roles for Ukrainian refugees as part of the county’s efforts to support the invaded country.
North Somerset will soon welcome approximately 350 people through the Homes for Ukraine Scheme.
If you are an employer, and want to offer work to Ukrainian nationals, please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know;
- Your company name and contact details
- How many roles you have available
- The location of the role
- A job description
- If the role is part-time, full-time or a different working pattern
- If English language qualifications are needed
- Any support you can offer – for example, relocation packages, mentoring or ESOL lessons
Please note, there is no obligation for you to provide accommodation to the individuals you employ. You can offer full time, part-time, or voluntary roles. Whatever vacancies you do offer, the individual(s) must have the right to work in the UK so you will also need to contact the Home Office to do the appropriate checks.
For more information, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance-for-businesses-offering-work-to-people-coming-from-ukraine