Green Business Grants – Up to £15K for SMEs – Closing date 11th July
11th June 2021
West of England Green Business Grants support SMEs to improve their energy efficiency of their buildings and business operations. The grants can be used for capital works and purchases to improve the energy efficiency of buildings and business operations. A grant could help you:
- avoid harmful emissions that contribute to climate change
- reduce your energy bills and lower maintenance costs
- make your buildings healthier for your employees
- improve your green credentials with customers and contractors
- access cutting edge low carbon technologies
- actively support the local supply chain for energy efficiency goods and services.
Grants have been awarded for:
- LED lighting and better lighting controls,
- solar film to reduce overheating and air con use in summer,
- more efficient heating and better controls,
- insulation to walls and roofs, and
- air compressors and variable speed drives to improve the efficiency of manufacturing and processing equipment.
To apply for a grant you must be:
- a small & medium sized enterprise – with fewer than 250 employees AND a turnover of equal to or less than €50m OR a balance sheet of equal to or less than €43m (including any partnership your organisation is a part of or any linked enterprises),
- based in the West of England region – located in Bath & North East Somerset, Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire local authority area (check your postcode here),
- VAT registered, and
- content to be credit checked by a third-party credit reference agency.
The following organisations are not eligible to apply for this grant:
- sole traders and partnerships,
- businesses using cash-based accounting,
- businesses that are VAT exempt,
- charities (unless applying through a trading arm),
- community groups, sports clubs, village halls and similar entities,
- GPs, dentists, opticians, schools, colleges and similar,
- private landlord businesses, home-based businesses, guest houses, care homes and similar,
- businesses in the fishery, aquaculture, banking and insurance sectors, and
- businesses in financial difficulty, such as collective insolvency.
Request an application pack here. You will be able to apply for up to £15,000 per business to pay for 50-80% of the eligible capital costs. A free Decarbonisation Report will be provided to help you identify energy saving improvements.
(Link to this article: