Weston Gateway Business Park, Weston-super-Mare, BS24 7JP
Weston Gateway Business Park will provide immediate access to the A370 and is located in close proximity to Junction 21 of the M5. Proposals include over 73,000 sq ft of office space and over 45,000 sq ft industrial accommodation.
This business park is adjacent to Worle Parkway mainline station providing regular services to Bristol, Cardiff, Taunton and London Paddington. Bristol Airport is within 20 minutes drive offering daily flights to many major European cities.
The development is by Dowlas. For a profile on Dowlas visit our news item (published 19 April 2013).
- Capable of supporting employment development of up to 118,400 sq ft
- Consideration will be given to the construction of smaller or larger units to meet occupiers demands
- Office - total size 73,195 sq ft
- Industrial - total size 45,209 sq ft
- Proposals also include the potential for a 80 bed hotel, public house, restaurant and local retail centre
This site has the following planning consents which can be viewed on the North Somerset Council website:
- Outline planning permission for B1 office, B8 warehouse, hotel, local retail centre and public house/restaurant.
- Highway access to north site is completed.
- Internal road network at north site now under construction.
- Reserved Matters planning permission for B1 office.
Work began in May 2012 on the state of the art headquarters for Knightstone Housing Association. It comprises 40,000 sqft and will be built over three floors. The impressive steel framework for the building has been constructed and Dowlas' contractors (Midas Construction), continue to make significant progress bringing the project ahead of schedule to date.
Knightstone’s new head office is on target to be ready for occupation by September 2013 and you can now view 'live' progress for yourself via a webcam (http://220.127.116.11/cgi-bin/guestimage.html) which is filming the entire build process. For further details visit our news items published 15 May 2013, 31 January 2013, 16 January 2013, 27 November 2012, 10 October 2012 and 31 May 2012.
For further information on commercial developments in North Somerset contact the Economic Development Service.
(© Photo source: Hartnell Taylor Cook)