Clevedon has a population of over 22,000 and is located close to Junction 20 of the M5 motorway. Bristol city centre is situated approximately 13 miles to the east, and is easily accessible.
Clevedon is situated on the Bristol Channel coast, offering coastal walks along its pebbled shoreline. Poet’s Walk, named after the poets associated with Clevedon, starts near the marine lake and goes up into woodland before reaching the low cliffs with views across the channel. The town also features Victorian architecture and one of the finest piers in the country.
Clevedon is also well situated for business, with easy access to both the M5 and M4. The main business and trading estates are Hither Green Trading Estate, Tweed Road Industrial Area, 5C Business Centre and Kenn Road Business Park. In addition, approximately eight hectares on Kenn Road has been allocated for commercial development.
Leisure facilities and attractions
- Curzon Community Cinema originally opened in 1912 and has been showing films ever since. The Curzon is now a community cinema that shows the latest blockbusters as well as independent and foreign language films.
- Clevedon Court is a fourteenth century Manor House now owned by the National Trust.
- Clevedon Craft Centre is housed in the outbuildings of a 17th century farm, providing the opportunity to purchase a variety local arts and crafts.
- Clevedon Pier is a restored Grade I listed pier completed in 1869. The pier is open to those who want to take a walk and admire the views. You can also enjoy fishing from the pier, and hold special events. It is to receive investment of £720,000 from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) which will enable exciting improvement projects to get underway. For more information visit our news item published 20 December 2012. It is also to receive half a million pounds from the Coastal Communities Fund. Visit our news item published 19 February 2013 for more details.
- Strode Leisure Centre includes a 25 metre swimming pool, an indoor sports hall and outdoor football pitch, a crèche, gym, and a range of exercise classes.
Further information within this website:
Further information on Clevedon can also been found at:
(© Photo source: In the Frame)