North Somerset Enterprise Agency, Weston-super-Mare
North Somerset Enterprise Agency (NSEA) is a not-for-profit organisation with social objectives. Our aim is to stimulate, encourage and support local enterprise, helping to create a healthy local economy. The agency has delivered business support services since 1995, providing an invaluable local presence.
Our experienced team of advisors (pictured above) provides impartial and confidential support to North Somerset and Cheddar Valley area businesses who are just starting out or who need help and support to grow. In the first half of 2014 NSEA assisted 76 business start ups. For more details see news item (14.8.14).
The organisation's services include:
- advice, counselling and training for startup businesses including www.startupdonut.co.uk
- specialist Business Skills Seminars to enhance the skills of owners/managers
- specialist support for women in business
- support for Social Enterprise
- information and signposting
- professional advice and consultancy by qualified practitioners including legal, IT, marketing, accounting and taxation
- North Somerset Business Club, which has around 150 members, and other networking opportunities (download a membership form)
- provide businesses with details of UK and European grants, loans, subsidies and other financial incentives
- support for rural business and creative / arts businesses
- a wide range of administrative services including photocopying, fax service, word processing, preparation of presentation materials, translation services, room hire and many others
In May 2014 North Somerset Enterprise Agency opened a new 20,000 sq ft business centre to support small businesses and allow them to start-up and grow by providing flexible office space with short term leases and expandable space. Tenants enjoy a range of on-site business support services including advice, training and networking, shared office services and meeting rooms and access to IT and equipment.
'The Hive' business centre has been designed to be energy-efficient and sustainable. It is on the site of the former Weston Airfield at Weston Park (one of the sites coming forward in the J21 Enterprise Area) and will be let to around 40-60 different tenants at any one time.
Combining this on-site business support with flexible workspace will create a unique offering for North Somerset businesses and innovators.
North Somerset Enterprise Agency helps 76 new businesses to start-up in first half of 2014
In December 2014 Chief Executive Angela Hicks received the highest accolade at the National Enterprise Network (NEN) awards 2014, scooping the prestigious Chairman's special award.
North Somerset Enterprise Agency, The Hive, Beaufighter Road, Weston-super-Mare BS24 8EE
Telephone: 01934 418 118
Download directions to the Hive.