Business Enterprise Centre
Weston College offers a range of training and development opportunities for business.
Our Business Enterprise Centre (BEC), which is based at our South West Skills Campus in Locking Road, works with more than 1,000 organisations, supporting them to achieve significant improvements in overall performance by developing the skills and performance of their staff.
BEC offers a wide range of flexible, work-based, training and development services.
- Identify your needs, building in success criteria and measurements from the outset
- Design the right solution, taking into account your business, culture, your available time, budget, and the funding available.
- Deliver the training solution, with the flexibility to deliver where and when suits you, using our experienced, professional trainers
- Ensure that your business objectives are met.
We can offer your business:
- Leadership and management development courses
- National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs)
- Statutory and regulatory qualifications
- Professional development workshops and short courses, including: customer service, time management, IT skills, manual handling, food hygiene and degree-level training and others.
Workshops are available throughout the year.
Work experience and Traineeships
The new Traineeships programme has been designed specifically for young people who want to work but need extra help to get onto an Apprenticeship or into a job. Traineeships give young people the opportunity to develop the skills and workplace experience that employers value in new recruits. They also give employers the chance to take a closer look at a young person for a few weeks before making the decision of whether or not to offer them a job.
Weston College works with a growing number of employers to offer apprenticeship opportunities in a wide variety of work areas. Apprentices enable people to earn a wage while gaining valuable real-work training and while working towards a nationally-recognised qualification. There are many business benefits to taking on apprentices, from reduced recruitment and training costs to increased productivity, a chance to “grow your own” talent, and many more.
We need employers to get involved with activities, forums, mentoring and events throughout the year. YOU get to promote YOUR business to a wider network of Weston College Affiliated Partners and Organisations.
Why choose Weston College?
Weston College has been rated outstanding by Ofsted, making it officially one of the top performing colleges in the country.
That means that if you choose Weston College for your education and training needs, you can be assured of getting the very best.
Weston College offers:
- Consistently outstanding academic achievements
- Superb support for students and employers
- Fantastic facilities
- Talented teaching staff many of whom have years of real-industry experience
- Proven positive progression, either into further education or employment.
For more information about any of these business opportunities, please contact the Business Enterprise Centre.