The Hinkley C development is a great opportunity for North Somerset firms from high-end advanced engineering businesses that can contribute to the nuclear end of the project, through to site support services including catering, accommodation, transport and maintenance. For opportunities at Hinkley Point C register at www.hinkleysupplychain.co.uk.
Why should your business register?
- To ensure your core capability is profiled to EDF Energy and its main contractors.
- To keep in touch with project information, receive updates and invitations to relevant events.
- To gain access to business improvement events and network with other North Somerset and regional companies.
- EDF Energy will encourage its main contractors to only work with businesses registered on www.hinkleysupplychain.co.uk
Managed by the Somerset Chamber of Commerce on behalf of EDF Energy, the local Hinkley Supply Chain Portal will:
- Keep businesses up to date with project news
- Provide details of programme of work packages and tenders
- Provide access to business support organisations
- Provide details of supply chain events
EDF Energy and its partner investors are close to starting the multi-billion construction of Hinkley Point C which is a proposed 3.2 GW nuclear power plant with two EPR reactors (each of 1.6GW). It should produce almost four times more electricity than the Hinkley Point B station’s two reactors.
As part of its procurement strategy for Hinkley Point C, EDF Energy has partnered with the Somerset Chamber of Commerce to manage the Hinkley Supply Chain Team which is delivering a supply chain solution for EDF Energy and its contractors by engaging with both Somerset and South West businesses that want to become part of the supply chain.
With 90 Tier 1 contractors each planning to deliver £100’s of million value contracts and each with multiple Tier 2 and 3 supply chain requirements the opportunity for local and south west supplier is both large and complex.
The Hinkley Supply Chain Team is delivering the following:
- Capturing the details of Somerset and South West businesses and mapping their core capabilities against Hinkley C project requirements.
- Matching suppliers with EDF Energy and Tier 1 contractor work package requirements offering an authorised online search function and a bespoke supplier matching service.
- Co-chairing and enabling the Site Operations and Industrial Partner steering groups that oversee the developing supply chain response.
- Communicate project and work package news and information to suppliers registered on this supplier portal
- Broker relevant business support to help suppliers meet quality and safety standards
- Events to help your business prepare for this opportunity such as the "Raise Your Game" programme.
Register your interest
Register your interest at www.hinkleysupplychain.co.uk or update your supplier profile to keep up to date on the latest information on the Hinkley C project, the work packages and awarded Tier 1 contracts.
For further information please contact the Hinkley Supply Chain team:
Telephone: 01823 443 425