J21 Enterprise Area
Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
The West of England LEP has identified J21 Enterprise Area for business growth, inward investment and to provide new jobs in Weston. This is one of five Enterprise Areas and an Enterprise Zone to support growth and jobs across the West of England.
What’s on offer
- 72 hectares of employment land ‘ready to go’ with planning permission and access
- Excellent transport links – located on the M5 corridor, main railway line to London, close proximity to Bristol Airport and Portbury Docks
- Highly skilled workforce – 47% of residents work in management, associate professional and technical occupations
Making it happen with landowners and agents
- Serviced sites
- Simplified planning
- Simplified planning process
- Skills and training programmes
Developments planned and approved to date
- Knightstone Housing Association 40,000 sq ft regional HQ building – second largest office development to start on site (outside London) during 2012. Currently under construction (opening September 2013).
- Leisuredome £50m, 356,200 sq ft extreme sports attraction - planning decision within 8 weeks
- North Somerset Enterprise Agency 20,000 sq ft managed workspace approved at Weston Business Quarter, opening Spring 2014
- Locking Parklands – first speculative office space (6,000 sq ft) completed Spring 2013 and first homes were occupied from October 2011.
We are here to help
North Somerset Council Economic Development Service is working closely with developers and partners to support economic development proposals in North Somerset.
If you are considering a development proposal that will provide significant economic benefits for North Somerset and you would like to discuss it in more detail, then please contact our Economic Development Service:
- Simon Gregory, Economic Development Service Manager - 01934 426 327
- Jane Vivian, Senior Economic Development Officer - 01934 426 907
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also download the J21 Enterprise Area leaflet.